If you are going through a situation facing this issue and wondering what to do? This guide will help you to fix this issue. Just go through the complete guide and you are good to go.
How To Fix Xiaomi Private Album Full?
Many users have reported about this issue soo far stating that moving photos and videos to a private album responds with a message “Xiaomi Private Album Full”. This happens due to no space available on your Mi Cloud Storage as the default private album is synced to Mi Cloud.
This means the private album is utilizing the space on Mi Cloud storage. In that particular case you need to follow the below steps:
- Head over to Mi Cloud Storage on your Xiaomi Device.
- Next, sign in with the right credentials.
- Once, you entered the Mi Cloud interface, tap on the “Photos” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, you will find all the private album photos here. Select all the photos and videos at once.
- After that, tap on the “Download” button you see at the top of the screen.
- It will ask you where you want to save these photos on your phone. Now, it’s up to you whether save it to phone storage or micro-SD card.
- Once the download completes successfully, now you can view these photos in your phone gallery.
That’s how you can free up space for your private album synced with Mi Cloud. Now, you can easily move the new sensitive photos and videos to the private album without receiving an error “Cloud Albums are full”.
Now, you might be wondering what to do with the old photos that were in the private album before, but for the sake of free storage space for new photos we have downloaded them to the phone storage back. How to protect and make them private again. Let’s head over to the remaining guide and you will get your query answered.
The best alternative solution I would suggest you is “instead of using the default private album that can only be utilized if it is synced with Mi Cloud, you should create an album manually and name it as a private album, move all the sensitive photos, and video to it and then hide it”. As simple as that.
By doing this, there will be no more issues of getting the error “Cloud Albums are full”. Unlike the default private album that is synced with Mi cloud, when the storage space is full then you cannot move photos and videos to your private album.
How To Create Private Album Manually and Hide It?
Follow the steps below to create the private album and then hide it:
- Go to the “Gallery” on your phone storage.
- Tap on the “Album” tab.
- Next, tap the “Plus button” icon located at the bottom.
- Now, name it as “Private Album” and tap on “OK” to create.
- After that, move all your private photos and video to this private album.
- Now, select this private album by long pressing on it.
- Choose the “Hide” option available at the bottom.
That’s it, you have hide your private album successfully. it’s fully protected now. You can access it whenever you want.
How To Access The Hidden Album in Gallery on Xiaomi Devices
- Go to the “Gallery” and tap on the “three-dots” icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Next, select the “Settings” option.
- After that, you will see the option “View hidden albums”, tap on it.
- Now, here you will be able to see all your hidden albums. From here you can unhide the albums, by tapping on the option “Unhide” next to the albums.
- That’s how you can access the hidden albums and unhide them.
If you receive this error “Xiaomi private album full”, then just follow these fixes
Free Up Space on Mi Cloud:
Just sign in to Mi cloud, tap on the photos tab at the bottom and select all the photos to download them and save them to your phone storage or micro-SD card.
Create Private Album Manually:
To avoid these type of issues such as “Private album full”, you should go for creating the private album manually. Move all the private stuff such as photos and videos to it and then hide. That’s the best alternative to avoid this issue.
What is Difference Between Default private Album & Manually Private Album?
Default private album can only be accessed, once you have set the gallery synced ON to Mi Cloud. So basically, you are using the storage space of Mi cloud. Whenver the storage offered by Mi cloud is running out of space, then it will give an error “item can’t be added to the private album. Cloud Album are full”.
Manually created private albums utilized the phone storage instead of Mi cloud. Therefore, you will not face the issue regarding storage space unless the phone storage is full. Just create the private album manually, move all the photos to it and then hide it.